"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Friday, January 28, 2011

Respect (V) [ri-spekt]: to show regard or consideration for

Our parents always raised us to respect our elders. I am very good with being respectful to adults. There comes a point where that adult takes things too far, and I have a hard time being respectful. After all, why give respect when it isn't received?
I believe in respect, chivalry, and southern hospitality. I say yes Ma'am/Sir and no Ma'am/ Sir, and I'm always sure to say please and thank you.
Sometimes I feel like adults think just because we're 'kids' they don't owe us the same respect that we owe them. Sure, they're older and wiser, but we're learning. They are not setting a good example for our younger generations. I say this at the risk of sounding like a child, this isn't fair! Why should I kiss your butt just to be treated like dirt? Every now and then a thank you is in order.
Sorry this blog is so..short and full of complaints. I just really needed to get that off of my mind.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment