"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Misfit: (v) to fit badly.

I don't always fit in. Some days, like today, I feel like i stand out. In high school, it is nearly impossible to be yourself and be accepted. Sometimes I wish i could afford to buy new shoes every other day, and have an outfit to fit my mood. But, nope. There is a play we did once at my school. In that play there was a quote that sticks in my head like a sore thumb. "What God gives us to deal with, we deal with,"
I know it is like totally unholy to question God's plans, but sometimes I really can't help it. Why is it wrong to be curious? Sure, curiosity killed the cat, but no knowing will kill you faster. That's how I feel anyway.
 I honestly feel like this 'blog thing' will be good for me. Not to be used as a journal, but as.. we'll call it "The Dictionary of My Life" ... that sounds good.
 Now, back to my original topic, misfits. While I was getting ready for school I was thinking. I don't have a clique. I don't belong anywhere. I'm a misfit. When I really think about it i don't fit into any one category. I'm the most nonathletic person you'll ever meet, I'm not beautiful and rich, and lets be honest, I'm really not all that talented. So it leaves me to wonder where do I fit in? I guess in a sense it doesn't really matter anymore. I've made it this far, why start bothering with it now? In a few months I'll be off to college and I'll basically be a whole new person. I'm not sure where I belong in this world, however, one thing I know is certain, I don't belong in little Opelika, AL.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment