"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Goodbye doesn't always mean forever.

Lady or the Tiger.
Les Miserables S.E.
The Man Who Came to Dinner
Tartuffe
Oliver!
Blithe Spirit
25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street S.E.

Am I forgetting any? It's quite possible. The past 4 years I have been surrounded by the most amazing people you could possibly imagine. I cannot even find the words to express my gratitude for these people. Saying goodbye to this, to them is probably one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. I have never in my life worked so hard on anything. The Opelika High Theatre Society is my family. The Opelika Performing Arts Center is my home. I'm so sad that I have to just walk away from something that I've dedicated my entire being to for four years. It's  heart breaking. Those people and that theatre have been my escape from everything bad for so long that it literally hurts to be losing it. I do not know who or where I would be if it wasn't for them.
Revel Gholston is one of the most amazing men I will ever know. I could thank him a million times and I still would not be thanking him enough. He's not only my teacher, but he has become one of my close friends. He isn't always easy to deal with, but I deal with him anyway, just like he puts up with me. He's the only person who can convince me to stay at that school until 4 in the morning working. I love every minute of it.This all started in 8th grade when Kathryn Spain convinced me to sign up for theatre. I fell in love immediately. 10th grade Revel somehow sucked me into helping him Tech for Lady or the Tiger, and well,  the rest was history. I haven't left Revel's side since then. I'm always there when he needs me. Hell, I'm there when he doesn't need me. But now, He's going to have to train someone else to memorize his favorite drink and what he wants from BK. He'll have to teach someone else how to deal with some of the crazy people from Opelika Arts Association. As hard as it is, He'll have to say goodbye, and I'll have to say it back. I'm not ready for that moment yet. 
Baxter Burke is my partner. My right-hand man. Without him, I'd be lost. He and I are a team and I love him very much. I never thought that he and I would ever be so close, but here we are. Both crying because leaving each other is like.. drinking kool-aid without sugar. It's just wrong. I love you Bax.
Tracy Tidwell.. well, as much as he annoys me, I'll miss him too. He always has me laughing with his stupid jokes and his fart noises.
For EVERYONE that has been involved in OHTS, past and present, you are amazing. All of you are very dear to my heart. To whoever gets to take my place.. well.. good luck.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment