"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why don't we try defying gravity?

Lately my head has just been so full of junk. I can't exactly put my finger on what is keeping my mind so occupied. I feel like I have so much to say, but I can't find the words to say it. Right now, I'm thinking about how dead originality is. Sometimes I feel like I can't take so much as a different step without ten people turning and taking the exact same step. It's just sad that people can't be themselves. I'm not the kind of girl who mimics what I see on TV and on the radio, no. I'm the girl that makes up words, and tries to invent new colors. I do the things I like. Not what everyone else likes.
Today in English we read the first three chapters of the King James Version of the Bible. We read about the creation of Heaven and Earth and my mind slowly drifted away and I began to wonder just how big outer space really is. I mean, I just can't imagine something going on for all eternity.  If you ask me, that's a really long time. I can barely take a 12 hour long bus ride, much less a spaceship ride forever.
Graduation is so close I can smell it. It smells like.. success. Things are finally coming together as far as 'life after high school' goes. I'm making plans and praying that they go accordingly. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.
In band we got new music for the spring concert. We got a piece called "Selections from Wicked", Which happens to be one of my favorite musicals. If you have never heard of it please look it up. Not the book, the musical. It's wonderful. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to a Wicked station on Pandora. I'm listening to "Defying Gravity". My favorite lines are:
"Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost. Well, If that's love, it comes at much to high a cost. I think I'll try defying gravity", And "Unlimited.. my future is unlimited."
Ah, it feels so good to get rid of some of the useless thoughts floating around in the ole' noodle. Sorry this is so rambly!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment