"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Sunday, March 20, 2011

So much to say, so little words.

It's been far too long since I've actually just sat and wrote for fun. Today is the last day of spring break, and let me tell you, this week has gone by FAST. It makes me all the more excited for summer. The weather is absolutely beautiful, and there is pollen in the air. It's definitely spring time. Fantastic!  I leave early Thursday morning to go to Nashville, TN, for the weekend. Next weekend is Sweeney Todd, then it's time to prepare for prom.
Oh, Prom.  Obviously, my date is Walter. Let me tell you somethings about Walter. He is.. quiet, and simple. He's that rugged country-boy type. He isn't into flashy cars or clothes. He's just so genuine. He's a great friend. I won't lie, I have battled with my own heart about him. About not letting myself think of him as more than a friend. Everything just come naturally with him, and it's easy with him. I just feel like.. We're so much better as friends. I've seen how relationships have absolutely ruin things. and I don't want to ruin us. Yesterday, I spent the day at his house, meeting his entire family for the first time. It was scary. He went to take a shower and I was left down stairs with his mom and sisters. Lucky for me, I have great people skills, and I managed to live through the night. I think his family actually likes me. His sisters invited me to hang out with them sometime. So, I think that's good.
I don't think I have ever been so excited for summer. The painfully hot weather, swimming, just freedom. I know when the 100 degree weather actually gets here I'll be begging for some cool air, but  I'm ready for the freedom. and to start working on my life as an adult. Which is exciting and terrifying at the same time. I just hope I can go to Birmingham. I'm honestly leaning toward Southern Union for a year, to save money up, then move to Birmingham. Either way, I have got to get out of this house ASAP. 
Ahh, thing are just moving along so quickly. It's so exciting! Summer time and real world, get ready, cause here I come!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment