"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just a little catching up

It's been close to a year since I blogged. I just haven't felt like it. My life as I know it now is completely different than it was a year ago when i graduated high school. I can tell that I have grown up a lot just by looking back on past blogs. So, here's a quick update to let you guys know how things have been going since high school!
I have completed two semesters of college at Southern Union, and let me tell you it was not easy. first semester was a breeze. When I got to the second semester I guess I did not take it as seriously as I should have. I barely passed some classes and I did not pass a few, which I will be retaking online this fall.
I have fallen in love with the most amazing human on this earth. I remember reading an old blog about Valentine's day and questioning who I would end up with, and wondering if it was someone that I already knew. Turns out, "the one" was right in front of me the whole time, and I never knew it. I was so blind to it because I was too worried about chasing after someone whom I was simply infatuated with. Michael and I have known each other since I was a freshman, and we have always been pretty close friends. Our relationship developed very slowly, and I am actually very thankful for that. It gave me time to know him,  and trust him. Not jumping into a relationship in the beginning has made all the difference. We've been together a little over a year now, and I truly do love this man.
I get a little depressed more often than I used to. I think its just because I have more time on my hands now. It's summer time. I'm either at work or sitting at home doing nothing. I wish i was responsible enough to be one of those people who have saved up enough for a car and an apartment, but I'm not. I am about to start a new job that pays A LOT more than Zaxby's, not that I don't love my job now, but i need the money. I have bills on top of bill now. Being a grown up is really hard. Like, REALLY hard. It sucks, but its... nice. I know that doesn't make sense, but eventually you'll understand what I mean if you don't already.
Ahh, well.. it's been real. Until next time, my friend.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment